Acme Plumbing Co. is searching for qualified residential plumbing technicians in Durham, NC. Your duties will include installation, repairs, troubleshooting and maintenance of residential plumbing systems. Our employees are trained to provide the expert service that our company is known for.
Acme Plumbing Co. has built our company using old fashioned values. We believe that honesty, integrity and the quality that our employees provide, is the reason we have been able to build and grow our family-owned and operated company to what it is today. Our employees have made us a trusted plumbing service provider in Durham, NC and we are proud to consider them like family.
- Plan and complete all necessary steps in the installation, maintenance, repair, and services in water and drain systems
- Troubleshoot instances of system malfunctions, interruptions, and failures
- Adhere to the highest standards of quality, and safety
- Ensure proper billing, invoicing, and daily documentation of activities
- Ensure complete customer satisfaction from start to finished project
- High school or equivalent
- Residential plumbing: 3 – 4 years + (36-48 Months)
- Highly Organized
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Able to work well with others
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Able to provide professional customer interaction
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Equal opportunity employer
- $2500 sign up bonus
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Training
- Matching 401K Retirement Savings Plan
- Life, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Performance bonus is in the works which will be based upon revenue, efficiency and sold hours. Starting from year 2022
- 90 day and yearly review with option for pay raise depending on performance
Full Time position
Salary: $22.00-$25.00 per hour
About The Company
We have been serving the Triangle area through four generations of the Tilley family. Acme Plumbing Co. was started by W. Laurence Tilley, Sr., under the name of S & T Plumbing. In 1952, W. L. “Dub” Tilley, Jr. and his wife, Shirley, joined the company full time and the name was changed to Tilley’s Acme Plumbing & Heating Company and then, simply, Acme Plumbing & Heating Company. In 1957 the business was incorporated.
The business originally worked out of the Tilley residence, first on North Duke Street and then in 1952 to the family garage on what is now Olympic Drive. In 1964, the company merged with Paschall Brothers Plumbing which resulted in a 20-year lease at 326 West Geer Street (now Common Ground). In addition to its offices and popular parts counter, Acme included a bath accessory shop, “The Bath Boutique.” In 1983, Acme purchased property around the corner and moved to its current location at 636 Foster Street.
Fourth generation Laurence T. Tilley joined the service team in 2013 and is leading the company’s efforts to re-invent itself as good old Acme Plumbing Co.. Laurence Tilley, Eddie Paul, Efrem Whitehurst, John Armour and Michael Villines—assisted by Lee Ann Tilley and Emily Brincefield—will soon be taking care of Acme’s loyal Durham customer base with newly-branded trucks and uniforms.
With deep roots in the community, we strive to provide the best in plumbing service and commercial new construction plumbing design and build services. We are looking for new team members to join Acme Plumbing, Inc., a trusted name in plumbing services.